Saturday, October 2, 2010

West Chester, PA hosts the arts!




Sometimes things aren't flowing and I wonder why I'm an artist...but not last night. At the opening of my flower pieces from Brandywine Cottage (Sunset Hill Gallery in West Chester) the response to my work was overwhelming. People were literally standing in line to shake my hand, hug me and kiss me. Friends, patrons and strangers who might soon be friends all turned out for a beautiful night of art and I am so grateful to everyone who was there. An artist's work isn't complete until it has been seen.

Jeff's show was just down the street at the Serpentine Gallery, Rhoda and Jamie were showing in the lobby of the Franklin Mint and there were many more artists spread throughout the town. Art happened. And you can bet I brought up Paint, Paper, Clay, Wax, Wood. Sandy Riper, the owner of Sunset Hill Gallery who is an amazing and supportive patron of the arts, generously put out invitations to our upcoming show and there is a definite buzz in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment