Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. 2010 has been a big year for me. Along with moving to a new home and studio with my loving husband, I also have two of the biggest shows of my career hanging right now, one mile apart, in West Chester. I am so proud of these shows, I just want the world to see them. The show at WCU, PAINT PAPER CLAY WAX WOOD, is so amazing. Adrian, Jeff and Jamie have so much depth to their skills....I keep thinking to myself, does anyone know how talented these artists are?....Really Know? We just finished a mural for the Friends Association and I spent a day outside with Adrian at his house painting this canvas. We had previously worked on the canvas with the children but weren't able to finish it. I must admit I was slightly intimidated to work beside Adrian with his mad painting skills, but he cheered me along, giving me gentle advice and encouragement (remember, I am the CERAMIC artist of the group). It was a fun fall day of painting, eating and talking art. Jeff was the next recipient of the canvas. I hear he did some CRAZY work on it and can't wait to see it. He is the expert "collaborator" of the group. Adrian has added the final touches and this masterpiece will soon be unveiled....very exciting!! Along with my theme of "Thanksgiving", I must say I am so grateful to be a part of this show, with these artists. Now we just need the world to see it...any ideas out there?



A Thankful Artist,

Rhoda

No comments:

Post a Comment