Thursday, September 9, 2010

Genuine

Seriously though, awesome photos. What a tresured friendship you both share. I was looking for a little "friendly banter" last night but I think everyone is too busy painting.

I added 3 feet in height today to my largest piece...I've been looking through Gaudi's eyes and have changed my direction. I had been mentally fighting my previuously "stiff" design. Gaudi used so many nature inspired motiffs in his work. It really makes you look that much closer at your suroundings. I often think about what I want to feel when I see the finished work. I haven't decided how I want this piece to convey. But I do know that I want the genuine feeling of soft plastic clay to be the prominent impression...so much so that you just have to touch it.


Rhoda

No comments:

Post a Comment